Decorative concrete Landscape Curbing is an attractive, durable product that will last for many years. Please follow the guidelines below for best results:
- Keep pets, children and objects away from the curb for at least 24 hours. It will be “hard” to the touch at this point, but still needs several days to fully harden internally.
- Sod laying, sprinkler and landscape work can be started 48 hours after installation, however caution must be taken as shovels and wheelbarrows can damage the curbing while curing. A full cure requires 28 days.
- If you have a landscape contractor working for you, caution him about protecting the curb from damage. If wheelbarrows are used for hauling rock over the curb, put a mound of dirt over it (at least 6″ deep) or build a ramp over the curb to keep the weight from cracking or damaging it. NEVER allow a tractor, bobcat or truck to run over the curb.
- If it begins to rain after curbs have been installed, the sealer will prevent any damage to the curbing. However the curb can be damaged by sprinkler systems and should be turned off for 48 hours.
- It is recommended especially during hot dry weather to moisten the ground under the curb. This is done by setting your garden nozzle to a “shower” setting and liberally applying water to the top of the curb. This saturates the soil and allows the concrete to cure slowly adding strength.
- Occasionally curbing with color may look “splotchy” for a few days while it is curing. This will go away as it cures.
- If the curbing is damaged, we will come back and make the necessary repairs. However, there is a $300 minimum charge for this service.
- Cracking – concrete curbing like any other type of concrete can and will crack. Hairline cracking can easily be repaired with a non-sanded grout of similar color and resealed. This makes the crack virtually invisible and is always less noticeable than removing and replacing a section.
- When the curbing is installed there will be a small amount of concrete on the ground between the new curb and the grass. It is very difficult to remove this concrete while the curb is still wet. After a 24 hour curing period, this concrete can be picked up in small pieces and thrown away. Since we have not included a return trip in the price of our curbing to do this, we ask that you take a few minutes to remove the excess concrete. This will allow your grass to grow back against the curb. You may want to placed dirt in this area as well if there are voids between the curb and grass.
- Sealing – At the time of installation your curbs have been sealed with two coats of solvent based Acrylic sealer. To protect your investment it is highly recommended to Reseal your curbing every 2 Years. Quality Curbs can reseal the curbs for a fee or you can tackle the job yourself. This is professional grade sealer available directly from Quality Curbs. Call for pricing .
Terms and conditions
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully. Booking the appointment will be confirmation of your agreement.
- To get the best possible results and have a smooth curbing installation it is highly recommended that you read the pre-installation guide. Prior to the crew arriving to install your curbing.
- After the curbing is installed, an accurate measurement will be taken for billing purposes.
- 2% Fuel surcharge will be added to final invoice. This is due to our increased cost to operate with the carbon tax.
- Payment is due upon completion of the job. Please have your method of payment ready for the installer. If you are not home at the time of installation we ask that payment be made by the end of the day. Or make arrangements prior to the installation.
- We do not guarantee color of the curbing. Many variables affect the color of curbing it is impossible to get an exact match.
- It is 100% the homeowners responsibility to protect the fresh concrete after the installation crew leaves a completed job.
- We cannot guarantee your installation date. The installation of curbing is extremely sensitive to weather conditions. Very often our schedule is delayed due to rain and soggy ground conditions. Please don’t be angry with Quality Curbs if your appointment is delayed we simply can’t control the weather.
- We require a minimum of 72 hours to cancel or reschedule an appointment. It is difficult for us to fill that appointment on such short notice and often results in lost revenue. Failure to provide adequate notice would be subject to a $300 cancellation fee. Unpaid fees will be sent to collections.
- All sprinkler heads, lights, wires or any other objects that could be damaged MUST be clearly marked by the homeowner prior to our arrival. Quality Curbs is not responsible for any damage that occurs from unmarked objects. It is also the homeowners sole responsibility to establish and mark all property boundaries that could affect the installation of curbing.
- In some cases we need to remove sod during the installation process. Below are the options and terms for removing sod.
- “Sod Cutting” 9” strip of sod is removed to provide a stable foundation for curbing. $1per Ln/Ft
- “Sod Bulking” all the sod inside the garden bed is removed $1 per Sq/Ft
- “Sod Hauling” cut sod is hauled to the landfill by our crew $1.50 per Sq/Ft
- Thank you for taking the time to read the terms and conditions. Our goal is to be 100% transparent.
- Quality Curbs provides a 6 month warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This warranty period is extended to 12 months when the reinforcement cable system is installed. Warranty does not cover third-party damage.
- Concrete curbing, like any other concrete product CAN and WILL crack. We take every precaution to prevent cracking. Fibre reinforcement and the best chemical additives are added to our mixture. Control joints are installed approximately every two feet to provide a strategic relief point for the curbing. Unfortunately with our harsh climate and extreme movement of the ground we do occasionally experience cracking between the joints. This is ONLY covered by warranty in the curbing season the curbs were installed. Winter Voids crack repairs as it’s caused by mother nature and not by materials or workmanship. Crack repair claims MUST be reported before October 31st in the year the curbs where installed.
- Winter damage to the surface of the curbing also known as the (freeze thaw cycle) Is NOT covered by warranty. This occurs when moisture in the concrete freezes and expands and chips away the surface of the concrete. This phenomenon also causes sealer chipping, spotting, discolouration, pitting, and spalling. Although very undesirable it’s a reality of our harsh Alberta winters. This damage to the curbing is not caused by materials or workmanship but by mother nature. A fresh coat of sealer or tinted sealer will usually rectify the situation.
- Damage to sprinkler lines, telephone wires, cable TV or other buried items by our equipment is not our responsibility and should be identified and clearly marked before our arrival.
- Quality curbs makes no guarantee of color. Dying concrete is an art not a Science, many factors effect the coloring of decorative concrete. We will not replace curbing for color concerns.
- It’s the customers responsibility to read and understand terms of the warranty before the curbing is installed. Faliure to read and understand the warranty prior to curbing installation is the fault of the customer. A copy of the warranty is always available online and upon request for your records. Our goal is to be 100% transparent.